We’re Hiring Again!
— Volunteer & Activities Coordinator —
Full Time, six-month contract under the Job Creation Partnerships Program
St. John’s Farmers’ Market Cooperative, St. John’s, NL
Want to work at one of the most friendly, multicultural and high-energy places in the city? The St. John’s Farmers’ Market is looking for a Volunteer & Activities Coordinator to manage our volunteer program and support Market Day activities as well as smaller rentals.
This position is funded through the Government of NL Job Creation Partnership Program. What that means:
To qualify for this position:
– You must be EI Eligible. That means you are either on a current active EI claim, or have been on an EI claim or paid into the EI system during the last 10 years.
– You cannot currently be working full time.
– You can currently be underemployed (working at another job for less then 20 hours per week)
The pay will be $524 per week, for 26 weeks
If you are on a current EI claim, you will continue to receive your EI and it will be increased to $524 per week. If you are not on a current EI claim, you will receive the direct pay of $524 per week.
Job Creation Partnership positions do not count toward insurable hours for future EI Claims.
Typical duties will include:
– Helping to make the Market experience a great one for customers, and vendors
– Recruiting, managing, and scheduling volunteers
– Working as a team to keep the market running smoothly
– Connecting to community to arrange for activities on Market Day
– Arranging and supervising smaller space rentals
– Ensuring all events and activities follow pandemic precautions
– and other duties as needed
Who We’re Looking For:
– An outgoing and flexible worker with a passion for community
– Great with people, and able to lead others
– An excellent communicator, particularly over email
– A self-starter that can see the big picture of what needs doing
– Computer-literate and very comfortable with Google Docs, Word and Excel
– Able to take on some light physical work for event set-up
– Available during weekends and some evenings
– Able to work in a fast-paced, crowed, and noisy environment
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer & Activities Coordinator” in the subject line.
The SJFM celebrates diversity, and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.