Market Support Staff
Want to work at one of the most friendly, multicultural and high-energy places in the city? The St. John’s Farmers’ Market is looking for casual/call-in staff to help support the flow of operations on market days, to help with events, and clean up outside market hours.
Typical duties include:
• helping to make the Market experience a great one for customers, and vendors
• building cleaning
• set-up/tear-down of tables, chairs, equipment
• working as a team to keep the market running smoothly
• cleaning dishes, trash, and the general market areas
• making sure washrooms are clean and well stocked
• directing the flow of traffic in our parking lots
• assisting in the café during special events
• and other duties as needed
We’re looking for people who:
• are outgoing, with a passion for community
• are comfortable working a physical job for up to 8 hours
• are able to lift/carry items up to 25lbs
• are willing to work in a variety of roles within the Market
• have a strong sense of teamwork and ability to follow instructions
• the flexibility to work weekends or evenings
• are capable of working in a fast-paced, crowed, and noisy environment
About the Job:
• This is a casual/call-in position.
• Wages are $12.00 per hour
• Hours will vary depending on your availability and the needs of the Market
• We are building a call-in list for occasional cleaning and event shifts several positions are available
• Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com with “Casual Staff” in the subject line.
• Please list your general availability for shifts in your application
• The SJFM celebrates diversity, and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
• We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.